The likely new outbreak of botulism has been detected in Lake Navaseca in Coldstream, a few kilometers from National Park Daimiel Tables has affected so far to thirty birds.
This was released today for the Environment Councillor of the Municipality of Coldstream, Gregorio Díaz del Campo, who explained that since the outbreak was detected 11 birds were recovered dead and 16 sick, of different species.
ABC.es - www.abc.es
26 Jun 2012
Location: Tablas de Daimiel National Park, Spain - Map It
Hares killed by disease found for 1st time in Cyprus
Hunters have found dead hares in all parts of the island that died from a disease that has been seen here for the 1st time.
A number of hares that died from the fatal disease pseudotuberculosis were found in all districts of the island recently except for Famagusta, according to an announcement by the Game Fund.
The Game Fund located a number of dead hares during the January to April 2012 hunting period. From these hares around 6 were good enough to conduct a post-mortem on, from which it was discovered they died from pseudotuberculosis.
CyprusMail - www.cyprus-mail.com
17 Jun 2012
Location: Cyprus - Map It
More News on Disease Event
OTHER WILDLIFE HEALTH RELATED NEWS
- Dead carp make stink on shorelines of 2 Nebraska lakes; disease suspected as cause for kill [Surtherland Reservoir - Map It and Lake Maloney - Map It , Nebraska, USA]
- [Mysterious bird deaths in the county: Found dead within a week 23 greenfinches in the garden][Translated article][Dingolfing, Germany - Map It ]
- Parrot problem: Tropical island plans to kill off birds to halt disease [Beak and feather disease][Seychelles - View location on GeoNames]
- Disease kills 75,000 goats in DRC: Livestock epidemic hitting Democratic Republic of the Congo hard [Peste des petits]
- Deadly white-nose syndrome attacks bats with no end in sight [Includes maps]
- Scavenged Bullets Dooming Condors [California, USA]
Huh?! That's Interesting